send words my way
i wanted to post some good things about adelaide but i couldn’t think of any. i asked my dude and he just stared into the distance for a while before shrugging. we have each lived here for over twenty years.
our total list:
- lots of roadworks slow things down for those who are sick of rushing around
- the lack of street signs cultivates an air of mystery
- a very nearly square city
- christmas involves going to the light display in front of the brewery, featuring such traditional christmastime figures as snow white, vulcan the god of volcanos, and a whale
- one time the brewery flooded and the whale floated away
Ahahah you’re the Best!
…Be ‘Verity’: Something that is True
While Dad was sorting old family albums,
He unearthed my old school photos.
I started looking up names online,
seeing how people had changed…
If anyone is familiar today.
Stopping, after searching this name… Verity Discombe.
Finding a Death-Space, instead of a social page.
Months since and her name is there, in my mind.
I feel like i’ve been internally crying since,
distinctly about someone i’m not sure if I knew.
Scanning in my Kindy photo, after
finding a post from her friend, mourning.
Hoping I could offer a piece, some gesture.
But i’m not sure if it got through, or was wanted.
So to me-thinking like— look back is important.
There are many people longing to meet you though.
Looking up names out of loneliness, I found & feel this loss.
But somehow the loneliness doesn’t seem so important.
Finding a positive in any negative, Now
posting this here, just to say:
Going partying¿ Be lovely, confident and caring.
Watch out for those around you.
Most of all… be conscious. and drive safe.